I understand by signing this waiver, it covers the entire SFL 2023 season of events, not just the date of signature. I understand it is 100% my responsibility to insure a waiver has been signed by both anglers of the team in order to be eligible to compete in any SFL event.
In consideration for permission to voluntarily participate in tournaments, events, programs and related activities conducted by Shootout Fishing League for any and/or all events in the 2023 season by only signing once, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- The risk of injury, disability, death, loss or damage to my person or property from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- I have been advised by Shootout Fishing League, and have had the opportunity to seek legal counsel with respect to the legal effect of this document; and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISKS REFERRED TO ABOVE, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF Shootout Fishing League, ITS OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND/OR EMPLOYEES, OTHER PARTICIPANTS, AND SPONSORING AGENCIES, SPONSORS, ADVERTISERS, AND, IF APPLICABLE, OWNERS AND LESSORS OF PREMISES AND PROPERTY USED TO CONDUCT THE EVENT (“RELEASEES”) OR OTHERS, AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISKS ARISING FROM MY PARTICIPATION; AND,
- I agree to monitor weather and water conditions during my participation and assume full responsibility to remove myself fr om hazards that may arise; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the immediate attention of the nearest official; and,
- I, FOR MYSELF AND ON BEHALF OF MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS RELEASEES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHICH I SUFFER OR WHICH I AM FOUND TO HAVE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY MY NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, OR OTHERWISE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- I agree to submit to a truth verification test administered by Shootout Fishing League and understand that failure to pass the examination as determined by Shootout Fishing League will result in disqualification.
- I agree that by signing this release of liability at the onset of the 2023 season I am binded by the agreement in full for the 2023 season and all events including championship that I enter to fish. I will abide by the fullness of this document for each and every event that I participate in by signing this agreement once.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT AND THE RULES OF COMPETITON. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.
PUBLICITY: In consideration for permission to voluntarily participate in the tournaments, events, programs, and related activities conducted by Shootout Fishing League, I (“Participant”) hereby grant to Shootout Fishing League, its assignees and/or licenses (collectively “Sponsors” including television production companies contracted by Shootout Fishing League), the unconditional right to use my name, voice, photographic likeness, biographical information, fishing tips and/or instructions in any medium whatso ever, including but not limited to video/audio productions, merchandising, promotions, articles, and/or press releases, in connection with Shootout Fishing League tournaments, events, programs and related activities conducted by Shootout Fishing League without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time. I understand that I will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use. If Participant wins any of Shootout Fishing League events, the Participant’s name, likeness and biographical information may be used in connection with advertising and promotion. The Participant specifically consents and agrees to such use without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time, and further understands and agrees tha t any use will be without payment of any royalties or any additional compensation to Participant. The Participant signifies by his/her signature below that he or she has read and understands the foregoing provisions.
Send etransfers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make cheques payable to: Shootout Fishing League
1245 Hallecks Road South
Brockville, ON K6V 5T3