You are here
RULES AND REGULATIONS
RULES AND REGULATIONS
2021 Season Bass Open Rules and Regulations
Tournament Director Phone
- Freedom/STH Cory Banford 613-802-1382
- Freedom Steve Ackland 613-407-7577
- STH Matt Fairfield 705-750-7867
- Alternate Erin Banford 613-340-1562
- *** Please be respectful of all land owners, other boaters, no wake zones, and sanctuaries. Complaints received against a team will receive a warning, second complaint may lead to disqualification. If a land owner asks you to move on, PLEASE do so.***
- A 12 inch minimum length is required (from tip to tip).
- If an undersized fish is brought in, a penalty of 1 pound will be enforced and loss of fish.
- Total weight of 5 fish (large or small mouth bass only).
- You may compete alone or as a team of 2 anglers per boat.
- Your boat must be insured and have Minimum $1,000,000 liability coverage.
- When under power (in gear) of main engine you must have your life jacket on and you must not be fishing. You must also have the kill switch cord attached to you.
- Livewell is mandatory and must comply with the MNR Catch and Release Rules.(coolers as live wells are not permitted)
- Artificial lures only. No live or dead bait or preserved baits allowed (pork rind allowed).
- Landing nets are allowed.
- A fish must be alive and able to swim away on it's own to qualify for the Big Fish Prize pool.(weigh master has final call)
- You may only win one Big Fish Prize per team.
- No pre-fishing 10 hours before the start of the tournament.
- A boat may not come to shore during the tournament. Exceptions: thunderstorm or very bad weather. For washroom duties you may use a public facility but one person must stay with the boat at all times.
- You may have your legal limit of fish in your livewell (in accordance with MNR Regulations) but you must cull to 5 fish before starting your main engine. A 1 pound penalty will be imposed for each extra fish.
- There will be a 0.50 pound penalty for each dead fish weigh-in. The penalty will be applied against the total catch. If a fish cannot swim away on its own even though it's breathing, it's dead. You have 5 minutes to revive it. Cutting in line after 3:30 for fish problems will not be accepted. A team may cull a dead fish up to 2 times in a season and must be put in a bag and placed on ice for consumption. All dead fish culls must be reported to the tournament director. 3 or more dead fish in a season must be kept and used as part of a teams 5 fish limit. Anyone caught releasing a dead fish will be automatically disqualified!
- Locking is not permitted in any Shootout Fishing League event
- Boats will be inspected for compliance of regulations at launch time. Tournament director can inspect your boat at anytime during the tournament.
- A 1 pound penalty will be issued for each minute that a team arrives later than Flight Schedule Time and you are also disqualified from the big fish prizes. No exceptions for being late (breakdown, out of gas, lost etc.)
- You cannot transfer your fish to another boat in the event of a breakdown unless the transfer is fully approved by the Director, instructions will be given.
- Blastoff is in order of registration.
- Flight 1 Boats 1-15 6:00-3:00
- Flight 2 Boats 16-30 6:15-3:15
- Flight 3 Boats 31-45 6:30-3:30
- Flight 4 Boats 46-60 6:45-3:45
- Flight 5 Boats 61-75 7:00-4:00
- Flight 6 Boats 76-90 7:15-4:15
- Flight 7 Boats 91-99 7:30-4:30
- The use of cell phones or other electronic communication devices is prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification. Allowable exception is a distress call to the tournament director.
- The Weigh Master has total authorization over the entire weigh-in procedure.
- You may request a second weigh-in and that reading will become your official weight.
- You may not come into contact with any other boat. Exception to this rule as defined in the boating regulations is you must assist a boat in distress. It is recommended, if possible to call and inform the tournament director. Lending repair tools, or giving water to another team is an exception to assist your fellow anglers.
- No Alcohol, Marijuana, or any non prescribed medication substances to be consumed before or during SFL events. ZERO TOLERANCE! 100% disqualification and ban from any future events.
- Prizes shall be awarded on a pure weight basis, minus penalties. All prizes are awarded as team prizes.
- In the event of a tie, the prize money will be pooled together with the tying position and split equally.
- In the event of bad weather (fog, storms, etc.), the start of the tournament may be delayed until it returns to a safe level. The tournament end time may be extended to 4 pm.
- After your fish have been weighed in they must be returned to your boat and released in front of SFL acting check in boat.
- All Shootout Fishing League events that have rivers with channels less than 30 yards total of navigable water are 10k/no wake zones! 100% DQ will be implied and future event suspensions given to offenders!!! lakes are open to fish beyond these point.
- Un-sportsmanship behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in immediate disqualification and possible suspension from all other Shootout Fishing League events.
- Anytime during the tournament should you need clarification on a rule or a special circumstance please feel free to call the acting tournament director see top of page to discuss (if cell service is available).
- Failure to not follow all rules listed above or government fishing or boating regulation will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. This includes any violation you get charged with from a conservation or police officer.
- The Shootout Fishing League has a ZERO TOLERANCE rule for any form of altercations on site. Please walk away and bring any issues to a staff member to deal with the issue. Failure to do so will lead in automatic disqualification and suspension of ALL teams involved.
- You MUST see the Dock Master for direction at weighin. No team will be accepted to weighin without his approval, scales are open early if you are in a hurry, teams coming up without his go ahead WILL be sent back.
- All sponsor prizes will be dealt with between Winner and Executive, contacting Shootout Fishing League sponsors on your own behalf will not be tolerated, and may result in loss of prize or suspension. The Shootout Fishing League will hold no responsibility of prizes being delivered.
- Teams of the year prize will be awarded to the angler with the highest total of points at the end of the year. In the event of a tie, the prize will be divided up accordingly.
- No Team is allowed to trailer the boat at a weigh-in with fish onboard! In accordance with the MNR, you must possess a transportation of fish permit to do so. Any team caught bringing trailered fish to the scales will receive automatic DQ.
- All Protests will have a deposit of $100. Your deposit will be refunded IF the protest is seen in your favour.
- Any angler or team that costs SFL monetary penalties, such as bounced cheques, fines charged to the series from angler negligence, lawsuits, will be required to pay damages Shootout Fishing League suffered before returning to any SFL events. SFL has full authority to Deny entry to ANY angler/team should SFL feel it is best for The organization and anglers.
- All launch/site fees must be paid to Event location or possibly SFL at AM registration. Launch fee will be added to your next events cost should you miss payment. If you have seasons passes, or use alternate launch, you must inform SFL or you may still be charged.
- Every competitor MUST sign a Waiver to compete in SFL events! Failure to insure a waiver has been signed releases SFL from any damages, and automatically disqualifies the Team.
- Should any team win 3 events in one season, SFL will automatically place a marshal with that team for the next available event that team fishes in.
- A polygraph may be administered at anytime without question. Refusal to take the polygraph will result in Automatic disqualification, loss of entry, and suspension of future SFL events.
- All contest/awards/draws “free events” are non transferable, and hold no cash value
- ALL events are fully refundable, or transferable up to 24 hours before each event. Absolutely zero refunds will be given within 24 hours before the start of any event.
* all big fish events have 48 hours off limits prior to the events*
Championship qualifying is best minimum 5 results (one spare) from season schedule of 10 events.
Best 8 event results of the 10 season scheduled events! (1 spare ONLY can be counter)
Shootout Bassmaster (Chapter): will be based off best 4-5 post events. OBN dues are mandatory for all anglers and you will be contacted at the proper time for payment.
SFL TeamTrail: qualification will be base on best 5-10 events, and top teams from both divisions will be selected to represent Team SFL. Spots will be awarded by higher percentage of division registrations. Teams who wish to qualify MUST pay $25 a team to be eligible no later than July 1.
* Shootout Fishing League has official authority for any last minute event changes, and rule changes in the best interest for the organization, anglers, and event locations. Verbal announcements will be made about changes and all teams must request a full refund before the 7am start time if any angler disagrees or has concerns. Shootout Fishing League runs all events under an invitational structure. Shootout Fishing League has full authority to refuse entry to any angler that Shootout Fishing League feels they don't have the best interest of the organization, anglers, or sport. No “Pro” registered, or registering angler into the following series or events “MLF Bass Pro Tour, MLF TackleWarehouse Pro Circuit, Bassmaster Elite Series tour Anglers”. SFL Freedom, and Set The Hook Series Events are reserved for “amateur“ status anglers only. SFL Open special events are free to all “Pro’s” and “amateur” anglers to register in. SFL holds the right to deny any angler that registers for either a SFL Team, Or Solo event should we feel it’s for 100% financial gain only by that angler/team, or should we feel it will harm the sport/Series, or should we believe it is just to cherry pick certain bodies of water.